CatholicCare NT is a social service agency of the Catholic Diocese of Darwin.
Students of O'Loughlin Catholic College can access this service free of charge. At the College we have access to an onsite Student Counsellor, from CatholicCare four days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Young people access counselling for lots of different reasons. Some young people access counselling around issues including:
- Relationship difficulties
- Bullying/friendships issues
- Parental separation/divorce
- Life adjustment/transitions
- Depressed mood or anxiety
The counselling service provided is confidential and young people can access the service without their parent/guardians’ permission. The counsellor provides a wide-range of therapeutic interventions and works from a student-centred approach.
Parents are encouraged to take part in their child's therapy process. However, this is not always the case.
All students can attend the first school counselling session where the requirement for parental involvement in the therapeutic process is explained and will be decided on a case-by-case basis. The choice to engage or not is then made.
There are a number of alternative ways to make an appointment to see the counsellor:
- Phone the College on 8945 1277
- Visit the counsellor’s office located in Collins Block
- Speak to the Front Office staff located in the Administration Block
- Ask your teacher / Year Level Coordinator to assist you
- The counsellor will discuss scheduling any ongoing appointments with you. If you find an appointment time is unsuitable, please notify the school counsellor as soon as possible in order to reschedule.
Please download on the Referral Process and/or Referral Form below.